Model: MVC FD-97 and others using USBDRVEN installer
Operating System: Windows Vista (Note: might work with other versions of this os.)
(unpacked with USBDRVEN) will not
execute with Windows 7. I Installed
the USB driver on Windows XP, copied
the driver files SONYPVU1.inf and
SONYPVU1.sys and uploaded them here.
1) Download the two files and place them in a folder on you desktop or wherever you might want to save them.
2) Plug your USB cord into your
MVC-FD97 ( or any camera that uses
the USBDRVEN installer ) and computer,
and turn on the camera.
3) After Windows 7 says it can't find drivers for the camera, open the device manager and right click on
Sony DSC (which should have an exclamation after it) and click
Update Driver Software.
4) Choose "browse for driver software"
and choose the folder with the downloaded files and click next.
5) Windows will warn that it "Can't
verify the Publisher of this Software"
Choose "Install this Driver Software
6) Windows 7 will install the Sony Camera USB driver and a Sony USB Disk Drive driver.
7) This has only been tried on Windows
7 32 bit, it may also work with Vista